DRACULA vs The WEREWOLF by Night. 2 Pager Black book work.


This is one of several comic book Graffiti black book illustrations that I like to do from time to time.  This was my take on a 1974 cover done by one of my favorite comic book artist Mike Ploog. As it was featured on the comic book cover The Werewolf by Night. Mike had a great  run on that book in the mid 70's till the late 70's.
A lot of what I'm influenced from comes from what was being produced back then and a bit earlier like  the 60's. I also like to add elements of graffiti to my illustrations. It's my way of bringing both worlds that I love together and it's a nice way for me to push myself along. All of the line work is mine. I try and give my illustrations a well deserved touch of my soul in each and every one that I produce. Line structure, shadow work, inking and coloring are all me. Really I'm just playing with something old and adding my own feel to it.

Comments